I've set together these blocks from the latest of block-of-the-month series at my LQS. This colorway offered a variety of indigo and white on white fabrics plus the option of adding an additional fabric of the quiltmaker's choice. I had a length of a straw-colored, sketch-y, print in my stash and began incorporating that into each block for continuity; I liked the combination. By the time I had added the straw print into block #12 it was clear to me that my dwindling supply of "straw" was going to make using it in the border a carefully planned exercise in conservation. Using EQ7, I came up with this setting; and, based on the yardage calculations in the software program, it showed that I should have just enough! Fingers crossed, I set to work, carefully measuring and cutting. It worked; I didn't have very much left over, but I had enough; and that's all that mattered!
Thelastof the straw...
and, all of a sudden, this quilt had a name!
Life is Good!