17 February, 2015

A New Batch

I have a new batch of quilt blocks ready for tomorrow's "Bible" study; the monthy meeting that Quiltkeemosabe and I have to compare notes and share tips on our construction techniques for the blocks out of Rosemary Youngs' Quilt Block Bible.
Pictured here are:
Row #1 - Log Cabin and T Block
Row #2 - X Outline, Lantern and X Star Block
Row #3 - Doris' Delight Star, Grandma's Star and Radiant Star
Row #4 - Ribbon Star, Star of Spring and Shooting Star
They've all been fun and each is challenging in its own way. This brings the cumulative total of completed 6" blocks to fifty one blocks; we're twenty five percent done! Sadly, time will tell if we'll actually get together tomorrow or not, an inch of snow and sleet last evening has left our roads in poor condition for driving. I'm hopeful we'll experience a big melt today. I have little room to complain; my friends and family in New England have really been dealt a heavy hand when it comes to snow and ice. These cute little blocks can wait, safety first; I suppose I can always find something else to work on if we need to reschedule!
Life is Good! 

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Some great looking blocks here, and some I don't know that I have ever seen before.
Your mother and my daughter in NH are having a time of it, aren't they?

cityquilter grace said...

yep new england is in whiteout but i do understand how your area isn't really equipped for snow...

jude's page said...

Lovely work again, and I can't imagine living life with snow and ice. Don't think I would venture out on the road at all!

Laura Chaney said...

Beautiful blocks, as always. I hope you're staying warm and dry. And safe!