30 March, 2015

Melting...

The frozen shoulder has melted, for the most part; I graduated from PT today and have been released to do the exercise regimen at home from now on. It's all good. This morning I returned to putting on my jacket the same way I have for my entire life (until this occurrence) right arm in first and then reach around with the left arm to find that left sleeve; for me that was a huge milestone! I had to reteach myself to put on a coat, jacket, blouse, whatever by placing my left arm in first... or rather it was the pain and mobility limitation that drove that learning curve. It is extremely difficult to retrain the brain to perform an automatic, ingrained motion. Try it. Something as simple as slipping on a coat is nothing you ever even think about... until you can't do it! I am grateful today for Othopedic medicine, cortisone and a very skilled physical therapist. Frozen is nothing I want to repeat, unless it's a Disney movie; melting is better.
Life is Good!

6 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Glad you are getting better. I have floaters in one eye and sometimes they are there and sometimes not. It's all in the way my brain works: sometimes it totally ignores the floaters and others it is all I can see. *sigh* Let me tell you how hard it is to do fine hand work.

Quilting Stories said...

How I understand what you went through! I experienced myself frozen shoulder on the left shoulder and then ten years after on the right one. The worse suffering possible!!!

Janet O. said...

I'm happy for you, Mrs. G.! I know how good I feel since my shoulder went through a thaw! : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So very glad to hear that your shoulder has thawed out. It's amazing how we take for granted such simple things as putting on coats ... until we can no longer do it (at least not like we used to). I had to retrain myself on how to put on my coat and other routine tasks when I had rotator cuff issues.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray!!

LizA. said...

Glad to hear you're back to normal. Good job.